11/7/07

DUS: Heading East



Arrived at DUS about an hour late. NWA switched planes due to low numbers and the replacement was not quite ready for prime time. Other than that, the flights were great. I had a row to myself on the Detroit to DUS leg. Chris and I chatted away the afternoon, then I snoozed awhile, waking up regularly, as I do, wondering where in the world I was.

We met friends of Chris for supper and some b'ball. But at the mention of supping at a German restaraunt, German cuisine, my stomach, already gurgling, began sploshing. So I headed home. Had a glass of wine. Steadied up and found I was starving. That's travel. Went for take out: thunfish (tuna) pizza and chopsuey vegetarische.

The owner/cook at the Chinese take out place had been to Chicago. We philosophized on how the grass is always greener—he wanting to go to the US and me comng over here. (Grammar check for Bekkah: What pronouns in the previous sentence are mismatched and why?) His wife thought my US currency was charming. Remember how we once felt like we were spending play money in Canada? Ours is the monopoly money today. The euro is almost 1.5 to the buck.

Makes staying with Chris all the nicer.