2/15/10

Post once, publish everywhere ...

I mess around with the various publishing platforms available. You can take the editor out of publishing, but you can’t ...

The newest publishing platform this week is Google’s Buzz. It could be a dilly. It links in nicely to my micro publishing flow:

* I like to keep my content on my computer, not residing on the web. So I use a journaling app, MacJournal, to create a post, which I upload to my blog.
* I like to use images often, so I make a blog app, Blogger, my primary online posting site.
* When I post to my blog, snitsbits, the header and blog link are automatically reposted to Twitter.
* From Twitter, the same info is reposted automatically to Facebook, Linkedin, and now Buzz.

The flow goes from Twitter to the rest because not all these kids want to play together; Twitter won’t currently receive posts from Buzz, for instance. And Buzz doesn’t want to post to Twitter because Twitter only handles a line or two of text, not pics. Who cares? This works for me.

Blogpublishingflow.001.KHXyq0VAlfAE.jpg